Get Even by Gretchen McNeil

 Hello everybody who cared enough to check out my blog. Today I finished ready Get Even by Gretchen McNeil and holy moly it is nothing like the tv show, yes I watched the tv show before I read the book but in my defense I didn't know there was a book yet alone two books out. Yes there are two books in the series, Get Even and Get Dirty, I thought because I've already seen the tv show on Netflix I could skip right to the Get Dirty book but oh was I wrong. I started reading that book and noticed something was off, like I was missing information, so I decided to read Get Even first and so glad I did. I had so many emotions while reading the book and at the end it was crazy. We discover more of the characters in the book, when I say that I mean we see the cracks that happen at the school, the stress and how relationships are challenged. Oh and *tiny spoiler alert* Mika doesn't die but someone else does *tiny spoiler over* 

For those who haven't watched the tv show Get Even is a book about a small group called DGM, stands for Don't Get Mad, one day four completely different girls end up in detention together and have to do a report on something, they talk about how bad this school is and create DGM, Kitty Wei being the leader, Margot Rivers the computer wiz, Bree Deringer the one who will do all the risky things, and finally Olivia Hayes the one who can pull strings. These girls have absolutely nothing in common except how they feel about this school. Kitty Wei is in student council and plays volleyball (in the book), she is a star student in the eyes of Father Uberti (The principal of the school and often referred to as F.U.).  Then Margot Rivers, things aren't so great for her, when she was younger a photo of her, NOT NUDE just as embarrassing maybe even more so, went around school, the bullying was to much for her and she tried to commit suicide but it didn't work, now she has so much pressure from her parents to be this perfect little girl with great grades but restrict her freedom. Bree Deringer daughter of the state senator, she is a rebel when it comes to school, she doesn't really care much for authority and loves to mess around, she has a best friend John who sticks by her, they kind of just have each other. Then there is Olivia Hayes, she comes from a poor background however one of the popular rich kids found her and sort of "adopted" her and now Olivia sits with the popular kids, having the perfect life with the perfect loving boyfriend. 


Things however, get complicated. DGM is famous for getting revenge on people who deserve it, but then a murder of a student occurs and the murderer leaves one of DGMs calling cards. Pinning the blame on them, Coach Creed, a self absorbed maniac creates an arm called the Maine Men who try to stop anything bad happening but them when the murder happened all their eyes and goals were finding out who DGM is. John, Bree's best friend and her are main suspects since they have no respect for the rules what so ever and things get messy there, Olivia has had enough of Ambers bs and wants to do something but then Amber has the power to destroy Olivia so she is stuck in this position. Margot has two guys fighting over her however its way more complicated and Kitty's secrets starts to be exposed.

If you are into mystery books, a light read or into the murder scene this is the book for you. I'll definitely give it a 10/10. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my blog